Dedication ceremony - Ernest C. Moore talking with three ASUCLA officers, 1930
- Dedication ceremony - Ernest C. Moore talking with three ASUCLA officers, 1930
- Hoover, Thelner Barton (UCLA 1930)
- Date Created
- March 28, 1930
- Thelner and Louise Hoover Photographic Collection
Photograph used in "UCLA on the Move", page 64, where it is identified as the first day of classes (September 20, 1929).
Standing before the entrance to the Library (Powell Library) following the Dedication ceremony; from L to R: Kenneth Piper (1929 ASUCLA President), Dr. Ernest Carroll Moore (Director of UCLA), Robert Keith (1930 ASUCLA President), and Lowell Stanley (1930 ASUCLA Assistant Graduate Manager). The Associated Students UCLA comprise the elected student government on campus. Piper and Keith both graduated in 1930, whereas Stanley had graduated in 1928 and served his position as an alum. Known formally as the "Dedication of the New Campus and New Buildings of the University of California at Los Angeles", the event brought together regents, professors, students, alumni, and representatives of other educational institutions for four sessions held on March 27 and 28.
- 4 x 5 in.
Find This Item
- UCLA University Archives
- Local identifier
- Record Series 647, Box 21, Folder 3
- Manifest url
- Rights statement