Stand collapse victim on stretcher at Tournament of Roses parade, 1926
- Stand collapse victim on stretcher at Tournament of Roses parade, 1926
- Hoover, Thelner Barton (UCLA 1930)
- Date Created
- January 1, 1926
- Hoover (Thelner B.) and Hoover (Louise E. B.) photographic collection
- Rescue workers and volunteers lift an injured person on a stretcher into an automobile following a stand collapse during the Tournament of Roses Festival parade on New Year's Day 1926 in Pasadena, California. The fatal collapse sent hundreds of parade watchers to the hospital and left at least four people dead. Hoover, who at the time was attending Pasadena Junior College, would go on to attend UCLA, where he became the official photographer for several publications and an unofficial chronicler of UCLA events.
- 4 x 5 in.
- Resource type
- still image
Find This Item
- University of California, Los Angeles. Library. Department of Special Collections
- Finding aid url
- Manifest url
- Rights statement