Vermont Avenue campus - Millspaugh Hall with eucalyptus trees, 1928
- Vermont Avenue campus - Millspaugh Hall with eucalyptus trees, 1928
- Hoover, Thelner Barton (UCLA 1930)
- Date Created
- April 10, 1928
- Thelner and Louise Hoover Photographic Collection
Photograph used in "California of the Southland," page 19.
Viewed here through a line of eucalyptus trees, Millspaugh Hall was the administration building of the Vermont Avenue campus. The Los Angeles State Normal School moved to this twenty-five acre site on North Vermont Avenue near downtown Los Angeles in September 1914, where it became the Southern Branch of the University of California in July 1919. After a name change to the University of California at Los Angeles (UCLA) in 1927, the university moved to its present location in Westwood in the May 1929.
- 4 x 5 in.
Find This Item
- UCLA University Archives
- Manifest url
- Rights statement