Announcement of the dedication of the new Southern area Boys' Club, Los Angeles, 1957
- Announcement of the dedication of the new Southern area Boys' Club, Los Angeles, 1957
- Alternative title
- Boys Club
- Date Created
Miriam Matthews Photograph Collection
Announcement of the dedication of the new Southern Area Boys Club with a photographic image of the building and the logo of the Boys Club organization.
The Roy W. Roberts, II - Watts / Willowbrook Boys & Girls Club opened 1957 in the community of Watts / Willowbrook. It was founded as a gift to the community from the Los Angeles Times Charities, Inc. and it was incorporated as Southern Area Boys Club. This organization was the first club to serve the south Los Angeles area. It is now named in memory of its long-time executive director of twenty-seven years, Roy W. Roberts.
- 1 photograph