Boy Scout Frank Portune testifies for the court regarding the discovery of the bodies of murdered children Jeanette Stevens and Melba and Madeline Everett. August 12, 1937.
- Boy Scout Frank Portune testifies for the court regarding the discovery of the bodies of murdered children Jeanette Stevens and Melba and Madeline Everett. August 12, 1937.
- Los Angeles Daily News
- Date Created
- August 12, 1937.
- No linguistic content
- Los Angeles Daily News Negatives
- Inglewood Boy Scout Frank Portune testifies for the court in the murders of children Jeanette Stevens (age 8), Melba Everett (age 9), and Madeline Everett (age 6). Portune was one of four scouts who discovered the bodies of the three girls in the Baldwin Park ravine; the four were part of a larger search group comprised of Boy Scouts. August 12, 1937.
- 1 photograph
- b&w nitrate negative
Find This Item
- University of California, Los Angeles. Library. Department of Special Collections
- Local identifier
- Manifest url
- Copyright Status
- Rights Holder
- UCLA Charles E. Young Research Library Department of Special Collections, A1713 Young Research Library, Box 951575, Los Angeles, CA 90095-1575. E-mail: email@example.com. Phone: (310)825-4988
- Rights Country
- Funding Note
- Access to this collection is generously supported by Arcadia funds.
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution 4.0 International License .