Professor H. C. Willett, Dr. Robert A. Millikan, Dr. Willis Gregg, Lieut. T. J. O'Brien, Dr. Theodore Von Karman, and Capt. A. H. Thiessen gather at conference, Pasadena, 1934
- Professor H. C. Willett, Dr. Robert A. Millikan, Dr. Willis Gregg, Lieut. T. J. O'Brien, Dr. Theodore Von Karman, and Capt. A. H. Thiessen gather at conference, Pasadena, 1934
- Los Angeles Times
- Date Created
- June 1934
- No linguistic content
- Los Angeles Times Photographs Collection
The objectives of the weather conference are forecasting methods, cooperation between eastern and western meteorologists, and adoption by the Weather Bureau.
The men stand tightly together in front of an open door.
Photograph appears with the article, "Weather Experts Discuss Program for New Service," Los Angeles Times, 12 June 1934: A1.
- 1 photograph
- b&w nitrate negative
cellulose nitrate film
Von Kármán, Theodore, 1881-1963
O'Brien, T.J., (Lieutenant)
Willett, Hurd C. (Hurd Curtis), 1903-
Thiessen, Alfred H., 1872-1956
California Institute of Technology
Millikan, Robert Andrews, 1868-1953
Gregg, Willis Ray, 1880-1938
- Pasadena (Calif.)
- Resource Type
- still image
Find This Item
- University of California, Los Angeles. Library. Department of Special Collections
- Local identifier
- Funding Note
- Access to this collection is generously supported by Arcadia funds.
- Copyright Status
- Rights Country
- Rights Holder
- UCLA Charles E. Young Research Library Department of Special Collections, A1713 Young Research Library, Box 951575, Los Angeles, CA 90095-1575. E-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org. Phone: (310)825-4988
- No license recorded