Six-year-old German shepherd Jerry receives an honorary diploma, Los Angeles, 1938
- Six-year-old German shepherd Jerry receives an honorary diploma, Los Angeles, 1938
- Los Angeles Times
- Date Created
- December 29, 1938
- Los Angeles Times Photographs Collection
Photograph appears with the article, "Thief Catching Canine Wins Recognition," Los Angeles Times, 29 Dec 1938: 9.
Jerry holds his "Diploma of Honor" between his teeth.
6-year-old Jerry is recognized as a hero after he attacked one of two bandits who tried to rob $93.97 from his master Morris Horowitz's store.
- 1 photograph
- b&w nitrate negative
Find This Item
- University of California, Los Angeles. Library Special Collections
- Local identifier
- Funding Note
- Access to this collection is generously supported by Arcadia funds.
- Copyright Status
- Rights Country
- Rights Holder
- UCLA Charles E. Young Research Library Department of Special Collections, A1713 Young Research Library, Box 951575, Los Angeles, CA 90095-1575. E-mail: email@example.com. Phone: (310)825-4988
- No license recorded