Dedication ceremony at the entrance to the Santa Barbara County Courthouse, Santa Barbara, 1929
- Dedication ceremony at the entrance to the Santa Barbara County Courthouse, Santa Barbara, 1929
- Mooser, William, Jr., 1893-1969
- Los Angeles Times
- Date Created
- August 14, 1929
- No linguistic content
- Los Angeles Times Photographs Collection
This photograph was part of the coverage taken for the Los Angeles Times article "Charm of Spanish Days Retained: Santa Barbara Gay For Fiesta, Beautiful New Courthouse Formally Dedicated, History of State Pictured in $1,500,000 structure, Three-Day Festival Opens Today With Pageant," 8/15/1929.
The Santa Barbara County Courthouse is located at 1100 Anacapa Street, in Santa Barbara. The Spanish Colonial Revival style building was designed by William Mooser, Jr. and completed in 1929.
Member of the Native Sons of the Golden West standing at a microphone in front of the newly completed Santa Barbara County Courthouse during the dedication ceremony. Other participants in the ceremony are seated on folding chairs behind him. The ceremony took place on the day before the start of the annual "Old Spanish Days" festival.
- 1 photograph
- b&w nitrate negative
cellulose nitrate film
Building dedications--California--Santa Barbara
Santa Barbara County Courthouse (Santa Barbara, Calif.)
Native Sons of the Golden West
- Santa Barbara (Calif.)
- Resource Type
- still image
Find This Item
- University of California, Los Angeles. Library Special Collections
- Local identifier
- Funding Note
- Access to this collection is generously supported by Arcadia funds.
- Copyright Status
- Rights Country
- Rights Holder
- UCLA Charles E. Young Research Library Department of Special Collections, A1713 Young Research Library, Box 951575, Los Angeles, CA 90095-1575. E-mail: email@example.com. Phone: (310)825-4988
- No license recorded