"Horse-drawn fire engine" float at Tournament of Roses Parade, Pasadena, California, 1936
- "Horse-drawn fire engine" float at Tournament of Roses Parade, Pasadena, California, 1936
- Los Angeles Times
- Date Created
- January 1, 1936
- Los Angeles Times Photographs Collection
View of the South Gate float in the form of a floral, horse-drawn fire engine with 5 girl outwalkers visible and one man as the driver. The 6 girls who walked with the float are: Grace Nelson, Mary Alice Catland, Betty Gibbons, Betty Jean Chase, Elsie S. Spanozio and Anna Bell Gaston.
The theme of the 1936 forty-seventh annual Rose Parade was "History in Flowers."
- 1 photograph
- b&w nitrate negative
cellulose nitrate film
Parades & processions--California--Pasadena
Gaston, Anna Bell
Spanozio, Elsie S.
Catland, Mary Alice, b. 1917 or 18
Chase, Betty Jean
Tournament of Roses
- Pasadena (Calif.)
- Resource Type
- still image
Find This Item
- University of California, Los Angeles. Library. Dept. of Special Collections
- Local identifier
- Manifest url
- Copyright Status
- Rights Holder
- UCLA Charles E. Young Research Library Department of Special Collections, A1713 Young Research Library, Box 951575, Los Angeles, CA 90095-1575. E-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org. Phone: (310)825-4988
- Rights Country
- Funding Note
- Access to this collection is generously supported by Arcadia funds.