Samuel B. Clark, winner of state spelling contest, Los Angeles, 1935
- Samuel B. Clark, winner of state spelling contest, Los Angeles, 1935
- Los Angeles Times
- Date Created
- September 11, 1935
- No linguistic content
- Los Angeles Times Photographs Collection
This photograph appears with the article, “He Knows How to Spell It: HARD WORDS MADE EASY Speller Says He Studied Em in Spare Time and Learns Meanings,” Los Angeles Times, 11 Sep. 1935: 9.
Photograph of Samuel B. Clark studying spelling words. He is wearing a suit and tie while he sits at a desk with a map of Africa behind him.
- 1 photograph
- b&w nitrate negative
Find This Item
- University of California, Los Angeles. Library Special Collections
- Local identifier
- Copyright Status
- Rights Holder
- UCLA Charles E. Young Research Library Department of Special Collections, A1713 Young Research Library, Box 951575, Los Angeles, CA 90095-1575. E-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org. Phone: (310)825-4988
- Rights Country
- Funding Note
- Access to this collection is generously supported by Arcadia funds.
- No license recorded