William W. Lewis, Sr. and William W. Lewis, Jr. at the Martin Johnson plane crash trial, Los Angeles, 1938
- William W. Lewis, Sr. and William W. Lewis, Jr. at the Martin Johnson plane crash trial, Los Angeles, 1938
- Wallace, Gordon Charles, 1909-1992
- Los Angeles Times
- Date Created
- December 13, 1938
- No linguistic content
- Los Angeles Times Photographs Collection
This photograph is likely related to the article, "Airliner Crash Pilot Tells Tragedy in Johnson Trial," Los Angeles Times, 20 Dec 1938: 5.
Explorer Martin Johnson crashed his plane into the peak of the San Gabriel Mountains on Jan. 12, 1937 moments before he was scheduled to land. William W. Lewis, Jr. was at the controls and faced a jury where he testified he did send a transmission that may have not been received, leading to the crash.
- 1 photograph
- b&w nitrate negative
Find This Item
- University of California, Los Angeles. Library Special Collections
- Local identifier
- Funding Note
- Access to this collection is generously supported by Arcadia funds. and Access to this collection is generously supported by Haynes Foundation funds.
- Copyright Status
- Rights Country
- Rights Holder
- UCLA Charles E. Young Research Library Department of Special Collections, A1713 Young Research Library, Box 951575, Los Angeles, CA 90095-1575. E-mail: email@example.com. Phone: (310)825-4988
- No license recorded