Glendale's "Garden of Memory" float at the Tournament of Roses Parade, Pasadena, 1939
- Glendale's "Garden of Memory" float at the Tournament of Roses Parade, Pasadena, 1939
- Los Angeles Times
- Date Created
- January 2, 1939
- No linguistic content
- Los Angeles Times Photographs Collection
The float features a ship, penguin, dragon, runner, peacock, rainbows and flags, and trees made out of flowers. In the front are 7-year-old Dorothy Terry and 5-year-old Ronald Strange while young Joanne Muhleman sat on the side dressed as a pilgrim. Riding on the right side is an unidentified man.
The theme for Glendale's Rose Parade float was "Garden of Memory."
- 1 photograph
- b&w nitrate negative
Find This Item
- University of California, Los Angeles. Library. Dept. of Special Collections
- Local identifier
- Manifest url
- Copyright Status
- Rights Holder
- UCLA Charles E. Young Research Library Department of Special Collections, A1713 Young Research Library, Box 951575, Los Angeles, CA 90095-1575. E-mail: email@example.com. Phone: (310)825-4988
- Rights Country
- Funding Note
- Access to this collection is generously supported by Arcadia funds., The 1939 Tournament of Roses theme was Golden Jubilee to mark the 50th anniversary of the parade. Shirley Temple served as Grand Marshal., and Access to this collection is generously supported by Haynes Foundation funds.