Mayor Frank L. Shaw at the Fort Moore hill excavation, Los Angeles, 1934
- Mayor Frank L. Shaw at the Fort Moore hill excavation, Los Angeles, 1934
- Los Angeles Times
- Date Created
- [circa April, 1934]
- No linguistic content
- Los Angeles Times Photographs Collection
There are no dates on the negative or negative sleeve. A billboard advertising the film "Tarzan and His Mate" places the events in the photograph in 1934. This was likely taken during the Fort Moore hill excavation in April.
Mayor Shaw, sitting on a horse-drawn plow, holds the reins in his hand. An unidentified man sits next to him and a crowd surrounds the path. Los Angeles City Hall can be seen in the background.
- 1 photograph
- b&w nitrate negative
Find This Item
- University of California, Los Angeles. Library Special Collections
- Local identifier
- Manifest url
- Copyright Status
- Rights Holder
- UCLA Charles E. Young Research Library Department of Special Collections, A1713 Young Research Library, Box 951575, Los Angeles, CA 90095-1575. E-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org. Phone: (310)825-4988
- Rights Country
- Funding Note
- Access to this collection is generously supported by Haynes Foundation funds. and Access to this collection is generously supported by Arcadia funds.
- No license recorded