U. S. Atty. Sam McNabb, U. S. Asst. Atty.-Gen. Mabel Walker Willebrandt, and U. S. Marshal Albert Sittel appeal to the Board of Supervisors, Los Angeles, 1926
- U. S. Atty. Sam McNabb, U. S. Asst. Atty.-Gen. Mabel Walker Willebrandt, and U. S. Marshal Albert Sittel appeal to the Board of Supervisors, Los Angeles, 1926
- Los Angeles Times
- Date Created
- February 1926
- No linguistic content
- Los Angeles Times Photographs Collection
Attorney General Willebrandt sits beside Attorney McNabb as he reads one of the papers set before Atty.-Gen. Willebrandt. while Marshal Sittel leans over Willebrandt on her other side.
Photograph appears with the article, "Confer on Prisoners' Board Bill," Los Angeles Times, 05 Feb 1926: A1.
Asst. Atty.-Gen. Willebrandt, Atty. McNabb, and Marshal Sittel conferred with the Board of Supervisors in an attempt to adjust the cost of keeping Federal prisoners in the new County Jail. The government has been paying 50 cents a day but the county is asking for $1.00.
- 1 photograph
- b&w nitrate negative
cellulose nitrate film
Law enforcement officers--California--Los Angeles
Government officials--American--California--Los Angeles
Willebrandt, Mabel Walker, 1889-1963
Sittel, Albert, b. 1875 or 76
McNabb, Samuel Wylie, 1868-1940
- Los Angeles (Calif.)
- Resource Type
- still image
Find This Item
- University of California, Los Angeles. Library Special Collections
- Local identifier
- Manifest url
- Copyright Status
- Rights Holder
- UCLA Charles E. Young Research Library Department of Special Collections, A1713 Young Research Library, Box 951575, Los Angeles, CA 90095-1575. E-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org. Phone: (310)825-4988
- Rights Country
- Funding Note
- Access to this collection is generously supported by Arcadia funds.