R. H. W. Schafer, Mae Whitehead, and Roland West in audience for grand jury hearings into death of actress Thelma Todd, circa 1935
- R. H. W. Schafer, Mae Whitehead, and Roland West in audience for grand jury hearings into death of actress Thelma Todd, circa 1935
- Los Angeles Daily News
- Date Created
- [December, 1935 - January, 1936]
- No linguistic content
- Los Angeles Daily News Negatives
- Taken at grand jury investigation into death of film actress Thelma Todd. Todd was found in the garage of film director West, her business partner and lover, dead from carbon monoxide poisoning. Schafer was the manager of a roadside cafe owned by West and Todd. Whitehead was Todd’s personal maid. Todd's death was eventually ruled an accident.
- 1 photograph
- b&w nitrate negative
Find This Item
- University of California, Los Angeles. Library. Department of Special Collections
- Local identifier
- Funding Note
- Access to this collection is generously supported by Arcadia funds.
- Copyright Status
- Rights Country
- Rights Holder
- UCLA Charles E. Young Research Library Department of Special Collections, A1713 Young Research Library, Box 951575, Los Angeles, CA 90095-1575. E-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org. Phone: (310)825-4988
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution 4.0 International License .