Senator William G. McAdoo presents a plaque and scroll to flyer Col. Roscoe Turner at the Biltmore, Los Angeles, 1933
- Senator William G. McAdoo presents a plaque and scroll to flyer Col. Roscoe Turner at the Biltmore, Los Angeles, 1933
- Los Angeles Times
- Date Created
- February 21, 1933
- Los Angeles Times Photographs Collection
Photograph of William G. McAdoo and Roscoe Turner standing behind a banquet table in the Music Room (later the lobby) of the Biltmore Hotel. McAdoo hands a plaque to Turner, who is holding a scroll.
William G. McAdoo was a senator for California from 1933 to 1938.
Reported in the article, "Turner Given Air Trophies. McAdoo Presents Scroll and Plaques Awarded for Transcontinental Speed Record, " Los Angeles Times, 22 Feb. 1933.
- 1 photograph
- b&w nitrate negative
cellulose nitrate film
Air pilots--American--California--Los Angeles
Turner, Roscoe, 1895-1970
McAdoo, W. G. (William Gibbs), 1863-1941
Biltmore Hotel (Los Angeles, Calif.)
- Los Angeles (Calif.)
- Resource Type
- still image
Find This Item
- University of California, Los Angeles. Library Special Collections
- Local identifier
- Manifest url
- Copyright Status
- Rights Holder
- UCLA Charles E. Young Research Library Department of Special Collections, A1713 Young Research Library, Box 951575, Los Angeles, CA 90095-1575. E-mail: email@example.com. Phone: (310)825-4988
- Rights Country
- Funding Note
- Access to this collection is generously supported by Arcadia funds.