Alberti Corral, Adriana Galvez, and William Gill rehearsing for Mexican independence commemoration festival, 1935
- Alberti Corral, Adriana Galvez, and William Gill rehearsing for Mexican independence commemoration festival, 1935
- Los Angeles Times
- Date Created
- September 14, 1935
- No linguistic content
- Los Angeles Times Photographs Collection
View of Alberti Corral, left, standing in hat, collared blouse, pants, holding guitar, Adriana Galvez, middle, standing in hat, dress, shawl, holding castanets, William Gill, right, standing in hat, embellished jacket and pants. To celebrate the 125th anniversary of Hidalgo proclaiming the freedom of Mexico, the Mexicans of Los Angeles partook in two days of planned balls, barbeques, and parades.
This photograph appears in the article "Parade Will Mark Fiesta: Mexicans Go on March Today, Gala Program Arranged for Freedom Anniversary of Latin Republic, Dances to Feature Festival." Los Angeles Times, 15 Sept. 1935.
- 1 photograph
- b&w nitrate negative
cellulose nitrate film
Independence Day (Mexico)
- Resource Type
- still image
Find This Item
- University of California, Los Angeles. Library Special Collections
- Local identifier
- Copyright Status
- Rights Holder
- UCLA Charles E. Young Research Library Department of Special Collections, A1713 Young Research Library, Box 951575, Los Angeles, CA 90095-1575. E-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org. Phone: (310)825-4988
- Rights Country
- Funding Note
- Access to this collection is generously supported by Arcadia funds.