Elizabeth Klomp in court for shoplifting $10.45 of merchandise, Los Angeles, February 19, 1940
- Elizabeth Klomp in court for shoplifting $10.45 of merchandise, Los Angeles, February 19, 1940
- Los Angeles Daily News
- Date Created
- February 19, 1940
- No linguistic content
- Los Angeles Daily News Negatives
- Mrs. Elizabeth Klomp, in Municipal Court for stealing three garments with a total value of $10.45 on Dollar Day. Ironically, at the time she stole the clothes, Mrs. Klomp had $27,009 in her purse, money she had withdrawn from the bank to make a real estate investment. In court, Mrs. Klomp pled guilty and asked for probation. She said she hadn’t meant to steal the clothes; she just got confused in the bustle of the sale. A month later, Mrs. Klomp was fined $100 and sentenced to five days in City Jail.
- 1 photograph
- b&w nitrate negative
Find This Item
- University of California, Los Angeles. Library. Department of Special Collections
- Local identifier
- Manifest url
- Copyright Status
- Rights Holder
- UCLA Charles E. Young Research Library Department of Special Collections, A1713 Young Research Library, Box 951575, Los Angeles, CA 90095-1575. E-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org. Phone: (310)825-4988
- Rights Country
- Funding Note
- Access to this collection is generously supported by Arcadia funds.
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution 4.0 International License .