Robert S. James and Charles S. Hope, accused of the murder of James's wife Mary, Los Angeles, 1936
- Robert S. James and Charles S. Hope, accused of the murder of James's wife Mary, Los Angeles, 1936
- Los Angeles Daily News
- Date Created
- May 3, 1936
- No linguistic content
- Los Angeles Daily News Negatives
- Robert S. James (left) and Charles H. Hope, seated in the center of the front row. Both men are accused in some capacity of the murder of James's wife, Mary Busch James, by subjecting her to rattlesnake bites and drowning her. Also pictured is Mike Allen (back right), owner of the Ocean Park Pier reptile pit, one of the locations James and Hope shopped for rattlesnakes.
- 1 photograph
- b&w nitrate negative
Find This Item
- University of California, Los Angeles. Library. Department of Special Collections
- Local identifier
- Manifest url
- Copyright Status
- Rights Holder
- UCLA Charles E. Young Research Library Department of Special Collections, A1713 Young Research Library, Box 951575, Los Angeles, CA 90095-1575. E-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org. Phone: (310)825-4988
- Rights Country
- Funding Note
- Access to this collection is generously supported by Arcadia funds.
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution 4.0 International License .