R. C. Combes, James R. Page, Joe Taylor, Robert Allen, Homer Cross, and Chief James E. Davis with the cashier's check for the Community Chest campaign, Los Angeles, 1935
- R. C. Combes, James R. Page, Joe Taylor, Robert Allen, Homer Cross, and Chief James E. Davis with the cashier's check for the Community Chest campaign, Los Angeles, 1935
- Los Angeles Times
- Date Created
- October 15, 1935
- No linguistic content
- Los Angeles Times Photographs Collection
Photograph appears with the article, "Police Give Chest Fund," Los Angeles Times, 16 Oct 1935: A8.
Every member of the police department contributed 2 1/2 percent of a month's salary to raise a cashier's check totaling $12,514 for the Community Chest campaign.
Robert Allen stands between Chief Davis and Page, watching the Chief's face, as Chief Davis hands Page a check. Combes, Taylor, and Cross watch the exchange, standing behind them.
- 1 photograph
- b&w nitrate negative
cellulose nitrate film
Davis, James E. (James Edgar), 1889-1949
Cross, Homer Bryan, 1896-1956
Page, James Rathwell, 1884-1962
Combes, Robert Collyer, 1891-1950
Taylor, Joseph, 1878-1955
- Los Angeles (Calif.)
- Resource Type
- still image
Find This Item
- University of California, Los Angeles. Library Special Collections
- Local identifier
- Copyright Status
- Rights Holder
- UCLA Charles E. Young Research Library Department of Special Collections, A1713 Young Research Library, Box 951575, Los Angeles, CA 90095-1575. E-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org. Phone: (310)825-4988
- Rights Country
- Funding Note
- Access to this collection is generously supported by Arcadia funds.