U.S.C. Trojans coach Howard Jones at Rose Bowl game against Duke, Pasadena, 1939
- U.S.C. Trojans coach Howard Jones at Rose Bowl game against Duke, Pasadena, 1939
- Los Angeles Times
- Date Created
- January 2, 1939
- No linguistic content
- Los Angeles Times Photographs Collection
U.S.C. football coach Howard Jones paces during the Trojans game against Duke University. Players on the bench wear jackets with "Southern California" printed on the back.
Text from negative sleeve: 15266 (USC vs. Duke) 1939 Rose Bowl
Different photographs taken on the same occasion appear with the article, “Last-Minute Trojan Pass Wins 7 to 3,” Los Angeles Times, 3 Jan 1939: 1.
The Trojans, from the University of Southern California, played the Duke Blue Devils at the Rose Bowl on January 2, 1939 to a crowd of over 93,000 fans. They beat the Blue Devils 7-3.
- 1 photograph
- b&w nitrate negative
cellulose nitrate film
Football coaches--California--Los Angeles County
Southern California Trojans (Football team)
Rose Bowl (Football game)
University of Southern California Football
Jones, Howard H., 1885-1941
- Pasadena (Calif.)
- Resource Type
- still image
Find This Item
- University of California, Los Angeles. Library Special Collections
- Local identifier
- Manifest url
- Copyright Status
- Rights Holder
- UCLA Charles E. Young Research Library Department of Special Collections, A1713 Young Research Library, Box 951575, Los Angeles, CA 90095-1575. E-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org. Phone: (310)825-4988
- Rights Country
- Funding Note
- Access to this collection is generously supported by Arcadia funds. and Access to this collection is generously supported by Haynes Foundation funds.