"Bride of the Sea" float in the Tournament of Roses Parade, Pasadena, 1934
- "Bride of the Sea" float in the Tournament of Roses Parade, Pasadena, 1934
- Los Angeles Daily News Negatives
- Date Created
- January 1, 1934
- Los Angeles Daily News
- No linguistic content
The "Bride of the Sea" float representing a beautiful young maiden riding beneath a floral canopy. The Pasadena Memorial Flagpole (Goodhue Flagpole) is visible behind the float in its original location in the middle of the intersection of Orange Grove and Colorado Boulevard. The float was entered by the city of Santa Monica.
The theme of the 1934 Rose Parade was: Tales of the Seven Seas. It rained during the parade that year.
- b&w nitrate negative
- 1 photograph
- Resource Type
- still image
cellulose nitrate film
Parades & processions--California--Pasadena
Tournament of Roses
Goodhue Flagpole (Pasadena, Calif.)
- Pasadena (Calif.)
Find This Item
- Local identifier
- University of California, Los Angeles. Library. Department of Special Collections
- Funding Note
- Access to this collection is generously supported by Arcadia funds.
- Copyright Status
- Rights Country
- Rights Holder
- UCLA Charles E. Young Research Library Department of Special Collections, A1713 Young Research Library, Box 951575, Los Angeles, CA 90095-1575. E-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org. Phone: (310)825-4988
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution 4.0 International License .