Veteran at Port Hueneme for a Quonset hut and surplus military supply sale, Port Hueneme, July 15, 1946
- Veteran at Port Hueneme for a Quonset hut and surplus military supply sale, Port Hueneme, July 15, 1946
- Los Angeles Daily News
- Date Created
- July 15, 1946
- No linguistic content
- Los Angeles Daily News Negatives
- Veteran in the War Assets Administration area at Port Hueneme for a sale of Quonset Huts and other surplus army and navy supplies such as tentage, steel bunks, electrical saws, bridge-building equipment, pumps and an air-raid warning siren. More than 1000 veterans with priority certificates showed up for the sale, some camped out to ensure they would get their choice of hut. The huts cost between $230 and $288 depending on the number of windows.
- 1 photograph
- b&w nitrate negative
Find This Item
- University of California, Los Angeles. Library. Department of Special Collections
- Local identifier
- Manifest url
- Copyright Status
- Rights Holder
- UCLA Charles E. Young Research Library Department of Special Collections, A1713 Young Research Library, Box 951575, Los Angeles, CA 90095-1575. E-mail: email@example.com. Phone: (310)825-4988
- Rights Country
- Funding Note
- Access to this collection is generously supported by Arcadia funds.
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution 4.0 International License .