Mae West in court during questioning about earnings from her role in the movie "She Done Him Wrong," Los Angeles, 1940
- Mae West in court during questioning about earnings from her role in the movie "She Done Him Wrong," Los Angeles, 1940
- Los Angeles Daily News
- Date Created
- February 20, 1940
- No linguistic content
- Los Angeles Daily News Negatives
- Mae West (August 17, 1893–November 22, 1980) in court during questioning about profits earned from her role in the movie "She Done Him Wrong." Writer Mark Linden accused West of failing to provide half of the profits she earned from selling his play to Paramount in order to produce the film. The judge ruled that West did not owe the writer any of the additional money she received as salary for her role as an actress. West was an American actress, playwright, and screenwriter.
- 1 photograph
- b&w nitrate negative
Find This Item
- University of California, Los Angeles. Library. Department of Special Collections
- Local identifier
- Manifest url
- Copyright Status
- Rights Holder
- UCLA Charles E. Young Research Library Department of Special Collections, A1713 Young Research Library, Box 951575, Los Angeles, CA 90095-1575. E-mail: email@example.com. Phone: (310)825-4988
- Rights Country
- Funding Note
- Access to this collection is generously supported by Arcadia funds.
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution 4.0 International License .