Samuel Orchard with the world's only Multiphone, Arcadia, 1935
- Samuel Orchard with the world's only Multiphone, Arcadia, 1935
- Los Angeles Times
- Date Created
- September 13, 1935
- Los Angeles Times Photographs Collection
Sammy stands in front of the Multiphone in a room with framed pictures, lamps, and kettles. There are signs hung on the phonograph, which is twice the size of the boy. Some of the signs say: "5 cents Get a thrill It will try for a short time Then Comes the Mellowdie" "Drop a nickel in the slot and the trouble starts it, frys, it sizzles it squackes etc, etc" "Yes It Still Runs Put in Your Nickel For A Good Squak Its Inside 5c for a Schlitz Rapsodie".
Photograph appears with the headline, "Being Preserved for Posterity," Los Angeles Times, 03 Sep 1935: 12.
- 1 photograph
- b&w nitrate negative
Find This Item
- University of California, Los Angeles. Library Special Collections
- Local identifier
- Copyright Status
- Rights Holder
- UCLA Charles E. Young Research Library Department of Special Collections, A1713 Young Research Library, Box 951575, Los Angeles, CA 90095-1575. E-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org. Phone: (310)825-4988
- Rights Country
- Funding Note
- Access to this collection is generously supported by Arcadia funds.