Bar patrons following the repeal of Prohibition, Los Angeles, circa 1933
- Bar patrons following the repeal of Prohibition, Los Angeles, circa 1933
- Los Angeles Times
- Date Created
- [circa December 1933]
- Los Angeles Times Photographs Collection
Patrons lean against the bar following the repeal of Prohibition. Designs (palms trees and mountains) can be seen drawn on the bar, and a spittoon is on the floor.
The Twenty-first amendment, which repealed Prohibition, was ratified on December 5, 1933.
- 1 photograph
- b&w nitrate negative
Find This Item
- University of California, Los Angeles. Library Special Collections
- Local identifier
- Manifest url
- Copyright Status
- Rights Holder
- UCLA Charles E. Young Research Library Department of Special Collections, A1713 Young Research Library, Box 951575, Los Angeles, CA 90095-1575. E-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org. Phone: (310)825-4988
- Rights Country
- Funding Note
- Access to this collection is generously supported by Arcadia funds.
- No license recorded