Drawings by cartoonist Robert Day in the Otis Art Institute end-of-year student exhibition, Los Angeles, 1921
- Drawings by cartoonist Robert Day in the Otis Art Institute end-of-year student exhibition, Los Angeles, 1921
- Los Angeles Times
- Date Created
- June 1921
- No linguistic content
- Los Angeles Times Photographs Collection
Photograph of 7 drawings by cartoonist Robert Day and 3 drawings in the bottom row by another student in the Otis Art Institute end-of-year student exhibition
There were 2 exhibitions of art by Otis Art Institute students in June 1921, one at the Otis Art Institute and another in the Museum of History in Exposition Park.
Robert Day was born in California, worked in the art department of the Los Angeles Times from 1919-1927 while a student at the Otis Art Institute, and went on to become a cartoonist. Among other accomplishments, he published more than 1800 cartoons in the New Yorker from 1931-1976 and created 8 New Yorker covers.
- 1 photograph
- b&w nitrate negative
Find This Item
- University of California, Los Angeles. Library Special Collections
- Local identifier
- Manifest url
- Copyright Status
- Rights Holder
- UCLA Charles E. Young Research Library Department of Special Collections, A1713 Young Research Library, Box 951575, Los Angeles, CA 90095-1575. E-mail: email@example.com. Phone: (310)825-4988
- Rights Country
- Funding Note
- Access to this collection is generously supported by Arcadia funds.