Assailant William Hardy handcuffed in a car with detectives, Los Angeles, 1935
- Assailant William Hardy handcuffed in a car with detectives, Los Angeles, 1935
- Los Angeles Times
- Date Created
- February 11, 1935
- No linguistic content
- Los Angeles Times Photographs Collection
In 1935, William Hardy confessed to the beating of his half-sister Helen Katherine Williams with a hammer. The photograph depicts Hardy in handcuffs retracing the event with investigators,
To the right of William Hardy is detective Vernon Rasmussen.
Photograph was published in article: "Child Found Near Death From Blows: Confession Made By Brother," Los Angeles Times, 12 Feb. 1935: 1.
- 1 photograph
- b&w nitrate negative
Find This Item
- University of California, Los Angeles. Library. Department of Special Collections
- Local identifier
- Manifest url
- Copyright Status
- Rights Holder
- UCLA Charles E. Young Research Library Department of Special Collections, A1713 Young Research Library, Box 951575, Los Angeles, CA 90095-1575. E-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org. Phone: (310)825-4988
- Rights Country
- Funding Note
- Access to this collection is generously supported by Arcadia funds.
- No license recorded