Yi-seng Kiang and Chang Kiang greet Alice Tang and Deson C. Sze, Los Angeles, 1935
- Yi-seng Kiang and Chang Kiang greet Alice Tang and Deson C. Sze, Los Angeles, 1935
- Los Angeles Times
- Date Created
- October 1935
- No linguistic content
- Los Angeles Times Photographs Collection
Deson graduated from Cambridge University in 1933. He, along with his mother, wife of the Chinese Ambassador Alfred Sze, are passing through Los Angeles on their way to San Francisco to eventually board the S.S. President Pierce for China.
Photograph appears with the article, "Wife of Nanking's Envoy To America Visits City," Los Angeles Times, 18 Oct 1935: A12.
Mr. and Mrs. Kiang stand on the train platform, Mrs. Kiang holding a bouquet of flowers in her hand while Deson and Mrs. Sze stand on the steps of the train above them.
- 1 photograph
- b&w nitrate negative
cellulose nitrate film
Arrivals & departures--American--California--Los Angeles
Railroad trains--American--California--Los Angeles
Tang, Yu-hua "Alice"
Kiang, Yi-seng, b. 1908
Sze, Deson C.
- Los Angeles (Calif.)
- Resource Type
- still image
Find This Item
- University of California, Los Angeles. Library Special Collections
- Local identifier
- Manifest url
- Copyright Status
- Rights Holder
- UCLA Charles E. Young Research Library Department of Special Collections, A1713 Young Research Library, Box 951575, Los Angeles, CA 90095-1575. E-mail: email@example.com. Phone: (310)825-4988
- Rights Country
- Funding Note
- Access to this collection is generously supported by Arcadia funds.