Domestic science class with Barbara Leonard, Doris Brownlee, instructor Lucille Webster Gleason, and Eugenia Cuyler, Los Angeles, 1928
- Domestic science class with Barbara Leonard, Doris Brownlee, instructor Lucille Webster Gleason, and Eugenia Cuyler, Los Angeles, 1928
- Los Angeles Times
- Date Created
- November 1928
- No linguistic content
- Los Angeles Times Photographs Collection
The women gather around Lucille standing at the open stove, holding a piece of meat on a spear.
From negatives 4896i and 4897i: Actress Lucille Webster Gleason aspires to start a domestic science school for working girls. In the meantime she is teaching her associates how to prepare dinners at a minimum cost. A volunteer cooking class has been started by Miss Gleason, and a dinner in which every dish is prepared by the girls of a local troupe, is being planned for the male members.
- 1 photograph
- b&w nitrate negative
Find This Item
- University of California, Los Angeles. Library. Department of Special Collections
- Local identifier
- Manifest url
- Copyright Status
- Rights Holder
- UCLA Charles E. Young Research Library Department of Special Collections, A1713 Young Research Library, Box 951575, Los Angeles, CA 90095-1575. E-mail: email@example.com. Phone: (310)825-4988
- Rights Country
- Funding Note
- Access to this collection is generously supported by Arcadia funds.