Sculptress Julia Bracken Wendt and Mayor Frank Shaw next to a newly dedicated fountain that includes her work, Los Angeles, 1933
- Sculptress Julia Bracken Wendt and Mayor Frank Shaw next to a newly dedicated fountain that includes her work, Los Angeles, 1933
- Los Angeles Times
- Date Created
- September 13, 1933
- No linguistic content
- Los Angeles Times Photographs Collection
Related to Los Angeles Times article, "Tributes Paid Flint at Rites; Memorial Fountain Unveiled on City Hall Lawn; High Officials Among 1000 Persons at Ceremony." 14 Sep. 1933: A8.
Wendt created the bronze sculpture of the senator's head that is pressed into the center of the face of the fountain.
Sculptress Julia Bracken Wendt stands in front of City Hall with Los Angeles Mayor Frank Shaw next to the newly dedicated fountain honoring U.S. Senator Frank P. Flint.
- 1 photograph
- b&w nitrate negative
cellulose nitrate film
City Hall (Los Angeles, Calif.)
Shaw, Frank L., 1877-1958
Wendt, Julia Bracken, 1870-1942
- Los Angeles (Calif.)
- Resource Type
- still image
Find This Item
- University of California, Los Angeles. Library. Department of Special Collections
- Local identifier
- Funding Note
- Access to this collection is generously supported by Arcadia funds.
- Copyright Status
- Rights Country
- Rights Holder
- UCLA Charles E. Young Research Library Department of Special Collections, A1713 Young Research Library, Box 951575, Los Angeles, CA 90095-1575. E-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org. Phone: (310)825-4988
- No license recorded