Agnes Thorsen appears at the murder trial of her former employer, Paul A. Wright. January 28, 1938.
- Agnes Thorsen appears at the murder trial of her former employer, Paul A. Wright. January 28, 1938.
- Los Angeles Daily News
- Date Created
- January 28, 1938
- No linguistic content
- Los Angeles Daily News Negatives
- Agnes Thorsen appears in court as a witness in the "white flame" murder trial. Paul A. Wright, Thorsen's former employer, was charged with the murder of his wife and best friend in his Glendale home. Wright claimed to be not guilty by reason of insanity, as a "white hot rage" supposedly overtook him when he witnessed his wife and best friend purportedly embracing while sitting together on the piano bench. Thorsen testified that she had no knowledge of the Wrights quarreling while she was under their employ in early 1937.
- 1 photograph
- b&w nitrate negative
Find This Item
- University of California, Los Angeles. Library. Department of Special Collections
- Local identifier
- Manifest url
- Copyright Status
- Rights Holder
- UCLA Charles E. Young Research Library Department of Special Collections, A1713 Young Research Library, Box 951575, Los Angeles, CA 90095-1575. E-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org. Phone: (310)825-4988
- Rights Country
- Funding Note
- Access to this collection is generously supported by Arcadia funds.
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution 4.0 International License .