"A Sea of Sand" float in the Tournament of Roses Parade, Pasadena, 1934
- "A Sea of Sand" float in the Tournament of Roses Parade, Pasadena, 1934
- Los Angeles Times
- Date Created
- January 1, 1934
- No linguistic content
- Los Angeles Times Photographs Collection
The "A Sea of Sand" float was preceded by 4 thoroughbred Arabian horses and two camels, "ships of the desert." In addition to its title, the float also bears the floral sign "The Dessert Playground." A woman in a bathing suit stands on the float, braving the rain. The float was entered by the city of Palm Springs.
The theme of the 1934 Rose Parade was: Tales of the Seven Seas. It rained during the parade that year.
- 1 photograph
- b&w nitrate negative
Find This Item
- University of California, Los Angeles. Library. Department of Special Collections
- Local identifier
- Funding Note
- Access to this collection is generously supported by Arcadia funds.
- Copyright Status
- Rights Country
- Rights Holder
- UCLA Charles E. Young Research Library Department of Special Collections, A1713 Young Research Library, Box 951575, Los Angeles, CA 90095-1575. E-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org. Phone: (310)825-4988
- No license recorded