Cafe operator Agnes O'Brien on the witness stand during the liquor license bribe trial, Los Angeles, 1937
- Cafe operator Agnes O'Brien on the witness stand during the liquor license bribe trial, Los Angeles, 1937
- Los Angeles Daily News
- Date Created
- March 1937
- No linguistic content
- Los Angeles Daily News Negatives
- Cafe operator Agnes O'Brien who was a witness at the liquor license bribe trial. O'Brien testified that she had paid money to the Board of Equalization in the hopes of having her liquor license reinstated, but never received the reinstated license. Defendants in the bribe trial included several high-ranking officials such as state board of equalization member William G. Bonelli and chief liquor control officer Merle Templeton.
- 1 photograph
- b&w nitrate negative
Find This Item
- University of California, Los Angeles. Library. Department of Special Collections
- Local identifier
- Manifest url
- Copyright Status
- Rights Holder
- UCLA Charles E. Young Research Library Department of Special Collections, A1713 Young Research Library, Box 951575, Los Angeles, CA 90095-1575. E-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org. Phone: (310)825-4988
- Rights Country
- Funding Note
- Access to this collection is generously supported by Arcadia funds.
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution 4.0 International License .