Joe Watts, who allegedly posed as the fake kidnapper of Aimee Semple McPherson, Los Angeles, 1926
- Joe Watts, who allegedly posed as the fake kidnapper of Aimee Semple McPherson, Los Angeles, 1926
- Los Angeles Times
- Date Created
- [October 1926]
- No linguistic content
- Los Angeles Times Photographs Collection
Joe Watts testifying, likely during the preliminary hearing about his alleged role in the Amee Semple McPherson kidnapping investigation.
Related to the articles, "'Kidnaper' Faces Accuser; Joe Watts Denies Part of Miss Morris's Story But Admits to Officials He Had Photo Taken." Los Angeles Times, 17 Sep. 1926; and "Carmel Inquiry Data Due Today; Dep. Dist.-Atty. Ryan to Talk in McPherson Case; Prosecution Ready to Launch Aggressive Attack; Fourteen Witnesses Remain to Present Testimony." Los Angeles Times 4 Oct. 1926: pg. A1.
- 1 photograph
- b&w nitrate negative
Find This Item
- University of California, Los Angeles. Library. Department of Special Collections
- Local identifier
- Manifest url
- Copyright Status
- Rights Holder
- UCLA Charles E. Young Research Library Department of Special Collections, A1713 Young Research Library, Box 951575, Los Angeles, CA 90095-1575. E-mail: email@example.com. Phone: (310)825-4988
- Rights Country
- Funding Note
- Access to this collection is generously supported by Arcadia funds.