Albert Smith, Jerry Ramlow, and Barney Bernard with gambling equipment confiscated during a police raid on 1019 N. Doheny Rd., Los Angeles, January 1938
- Albert Smith, Jerry Ramlow, and Barney Bernard with gambling equipment confiscated during a police raid on 1019 N. Doheny Rd., Los Angeles, January 1938
- Los Angeles Daily News
- Date Created
- January 1938
- No linguistic content
- Los Angeles Daily News Negatives
- Albert Smith, Jerry Ramlow, and Barney Bernard with equipment confiscated from a police raid on the residence at 1019 North Doheny Road on the night of January 4, 1938. The house was apparently operating as a casino for two weeks before tuxedo-clad policemen infiltrated the party and confiscated gambling equipment, $1755 in cash, and arrested seven men. Almost a hundred others, including high profile film actors and producers, were found at the residence.
- 1 photograph
- b&w nitrate negative
Find This Item
- University of California, Los Angeles. Library. Department of Special Collections
- Local identifier
- Manifest url
- Copyright Status
- Rights Holder
- UCLA Charles E. Young Research Library Department of Special Collections, A1713 Young Research Library, Box 951575, Los Angeles, CA 90095-1575. E-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org. Phone: (310)825-4988
- Rights Country
- Funding Note
- Access to this collection is generously supported by Arcadia funds.
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution 4.0 International License .