Boschke Island, San Pedro, 1885-1900 [?], [rephotographed], 1926
- Boschke Island, San Pedro, 1885-1900 [?], [rephotographed], 1926
- Los Angeles Times
- Date Created
- No linguistic content
- Los Angeles Times Photographs Collection
Martha E. Boschke and her family lived on Boschke's Island and later on Rattlesnake Island (later Terminal Island) in San Pedro Bay from 1875 to 1928. This photograph probably belonged to Boschke, who was interviewed for the article "Harbor Was Waste of Sand and Slough Fifty Years Ago," in the Los Angeles Times, January 24, 1926.
View of Boschke Island. The the trees behind the building on the shore behind the large wave suggest that it is the home of Martha Ellen Boschke and her family because Martha Boschke had planted trees and a lawn at her home, cultivated with water brought in from the shore.
- 1 photograph
- b&w nitrate negative
Find This Item
- University of California, Los Angeles. Library Special Collections
- Local identifier
- Manifest url
- Copyright Status
- Rights Holder
- UCLA Charles E. Young Research Library Department of Special Collections, A1713 Young Research Library, Box 951575, Los Angeles, CA 90095-1575. E-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org. Phone: (310)825-4988
- Rights Country
- Funding Note
- Access to this collection is generously supported by Arcadia funds.