C.H. Jordan, George Roberts, and A.L. Wirin at a city council meeting concerning an anti-picketing ordinance, Los Angeles, January 1938
- C.H. Jordan, George Roberts, and A.L. Wirin at a city council meeting concerning an anti-picketing ordinance, Los Angeles, January 1938
- Los Angeles Daily News
- Date Created
- January 1938
- No linguistic content
- Los Angeles Daily News Negatives
- (Left to right) Central Industrial Council (C.I.O.) Secretary C.H. Jordan, rubber union's international representative George Roberts, and attorney for the Unions A.L. Wirin at a city council meeting about an anti-picketing ordinance. Union leaders urged the mayor to veto the ordinance, while members of Southern Californians, Inc. wanted it signed. The issue eventually went to court, where the law was backed months later.
- 1 photograph
- b&w nitrate negative
cellulose nitrate film
City council members--California--Los Angeles
Labor unions--California--Los Angeles
Wirin, A. L.
Jordan, C. H.
- Los Angeles (Calif.)
- Resource Type
- still image
Find This Item
- University of California, Los Angeles. Library. Department of Special Collections
- Local identifier
- Manifest url
- Copyright Status
- Rights Holder
- UCLA Charles E. Young Research Library Department of Special Collections, A1713 Young Research Library, Box 951575, Los Angeles, CA 90095-1575. E-mail: email@example.com. Phone: (310)825-4988
- Rights Country
- Funding Note
- Access to this collection is generously supported by Arcadia funds.
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution 4.0 International License .