Burbank wins Sweepstakes Prize at Tournament of Roses Parade, Pasadena, 1939
- Burbank wins Sweepstakes Prize at Tournament of Roses Parade, Pasadena, 1939
- Los Angeles Times
- Date Created
- January 2, 1939
- No linguistic content
- Los Angeles Times Photographs Collection
This photograph appears with the headline, "Burbank wins Rose Tournament Sweepstakes and Oakland Takes Theme Prize," Los Angeles Times, 3 Jan 1939: B.
A large crowd of spectators watches a parade float made of roses, lavender, and chrysanthemums that features a stagecoach with driver and women holding parasols sitting on top. Four horses made of flowers lead the stagecoach and "BURBANK" is spelled out in dark flowers on the side. Atop the float are Leo Burt, Elmer Forsyth, Al Cooper, Pearl Ramgren, Marguerite Harp, and Nancy Hungate.
The 1939 Tournament of Roses theme was Golden Jubilee to mark the 50th anniversary of the parade. Shirley Temple served as Grand Marshal.
- 1 photograph
- b&w nitrate negative
Find This Item
- University of California, Los Angeles. Library. Dept. of Special Collections
- Local identifier
- Manifest url
- Copyright Status
- Rights Holder
- UCLA Charles E. Young Research Library Department of Special Collections, A1713 Young Research Library, Box 951575, Los Angeles, CA 90095-1575. E-mail: email@example.com. Phone: (310)825-4988
- Rights Country
- Funding Note
- Access to this collection is generously supported by Haynes Foundation funds. and Access to this collection is generously supported by Arcadia funds.
- No license recorded