"Golden Empire" float from Sacramento at the Tournament of Roses Parade, Pasadena, 1939
- "Golden Empire" float from Sacramento at the Tournament of Roses Parade, Pasadena, 1939
- Los Angeles Times
- Date Created
- January 2, 1939
- No linguistic content
- Los Angeles Times Photographs Collection
The 1939 Tournament of Roses theme was Golden Jubilee to mark the 50th anniversary of the parade. Shirley Temple served as Grand Marshal.
Different photographs taken on the same occasion appear with the article, "Rose Parade Awes 1,250,000," Los Angeles Times, 03 Jan 1939: 1.
Sacramento's Rose Parade entry features the California State Capitol building dome and a gold miner, John Hudson, overlooked by Robert Bleyle as Captain John A. Sutter. The side of the Float reads, "1939 SACRAMENTO GOLDEN EMPIRE CENTENNIAL 1893."
- 1 photograph
- b&w nitrate negative
Find This Item
- University of California, Los Angeles. Library. Dept. of Special Collections
- Local identifier
- Manifest url
- Copyright Status
- Rights Holder
- UCLA Charles E. Young Research Library Department of Special Collections, A1713 Young Research Library, Box 951575, Los Angeles, CA 90095-1575. E-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org. Phone: (310)825-4988
- Rights Country
- Funding Note
- Access to this collection is generously supported by Arcadia funds. and Access to this collection is generously supported by Haynes Foundation funds.
- No license recorded