Court document in the form of photographs of an area near an oil field near Beatty, Nevada, operated by Julian Petroleum Corporation, labeled "Beatty," Nevada, circa 1926
- Court document in the form of photographs of an area near an oil field near Beatty, Nevada, operated by Julian Petroleum Corporation, labeled "Beatty," Nevada, circa 1926
- Los Angeles Times
- Date Created
- [circa 1926]
- Los Angeles Times Photographs Collection
Another court document for a C. C. Julian case has a caption identifying it as an exhibit in a case in Judge Doran's court (image ark no. 21198/zz002cv8xp). Proceedings against C. C. Julian in Judge Doran's court are reported in the Los Angeles Times from 1926 through 1928.
Photographs mounted on paper, associated with the Julian Petroleum company with the captions: "View from summit," "Beatty, Nevada," and "Beatty." They are related to the oil field 2 miles west of Beatty that was operated by C. C. Julian's company, Julian Petroleum Corporation. The Beatty field was reported on in the Los Angeles Times in 1926.
C. C. Julian was a con man who first hit oil in California in 1923 and over-sold shares in oil syndicates through the 1920'a into the 1930's. His business activities were repeatedly investigated. He committed suicide in Shanghai in 1934.
- 1 photograph
- b&w nitrate negative
Find This Item
- University of California, Los Angeles. Library. Department of Special Collections
- Local identifier
- Manifest url
- Copyright Status
- Rights Holder
- UCLA Charles E. Young Research Library Department of Special Collections, A1713 Young Research Library, Box 951575, Los Angeles, CA 90095-1575. E-mail: email@example.com. Phone: (310)825-4988
- Rights Country
- Funding Note
- Access to this collection is generously supported by Arcadia funds.
- No license recorded