Austin Clapp, Olympic medalist, at the Ambassador Hotel Plunge event, Los Angeles, 1928
- Austin Clapp, Olympic medalist, at the Ambassador Hotel Plunge event, Los Angeles, 1928
- Los Angeles Times
- Date Created
- August 1928
- No linguistic content
- Los Angeles Times Photographs Collection
Austin Clapp swimming at the Ambassador Hotel Plunge event. Clapp and several other athletes participated in the Plunge event en route to the senior national outdoor championships at Honolulu.
Austin Clapp was an American swimmer and water polo player who competed in the 1928 and 1932 Summer Olympics. In 1928 he won a gold medal in the 4x200 m freestyle relay event and in 1932 he was a member of American water polo team, which won a bronze medal.
- 1 photograph
- b&w nitrate negative
Find This Item
- University of California, Los Angeles. Library Special Collections
- Local identifier
- Manifest url
- Copyright Status
- Rights Holder
- UCLA Charles E. Young Research Library Department of Special Collections, A1713 Young Research Library, Box 951575, Los Angeles, CA 90095-1575. E-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org. Phone: (310)825-4988
- Rights Country
- Funding Note
- Access to this collection is generously supported by Arcadia funds.