Frank F. Smith at witness stand beside Deputy Coroner Frank Monfort, Los Angeles, 1936
- Frank F. Smith at witness stand beside Deputy Coroner Frank Monfort, Los Angeles, 1936
- Los Angeles Times
- Date Created
- February 4, 1936
- No linguistic content
- Los Angeles Times Photographs Collection
Frank F. Smith refuses to testify in the case charging him with the robbery of the El Monte bank that killed his two accomplices and blew off the finger of Officer Joseph Fritsch, but he is acting as his own attorney in questioning witnesses.
A different photograph taken on the same occasion appears with the article, "Bank Bandit Fight Told," Los Angeles Times, 05 Feb 1936: A8.
Dep. Coroner Monfort, left, questions Frank F. Smith, right.
- 1 photograph
- b&w nitrate negative
Find This Item
- University of California, Los Angeles. Library. Dept. of Special Collections
- Local identifier
- Manifest url
- Copyright Status
- Rights Holder
- UCLA Charles E. Young Research Library Department of Special Collections, A1713 Young Research Library, Box 951575, Los Angeles, CA 90095-1575. E-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org. Phone: (310)825-4988
- Rights Country
- Funding Note
- Access to this collection is generously supported by Arcadia funds. and Access to this collection is generously supported by Haynes Foundation funds.