Muni the Bear, drinking sugar water from a glass bottle, Los Angeles, 1935
- Muni the Bear, drinking sugar water from a glass bottle, Los Angeles, 1935
- Los Angeles Times
- Date Created
- June 29, 1935
- Los Angeles Times Photographs Collection
Photograph of Muni the Bear, standing on his hind legs, drinking sugar water from a glass bottle. The bear has both a leather strap and linked chain around his neck. A ring pierces the bear's nasal septum. He is standing near a parked car, adjacent to a building (possibly a business). A sign propped against a fence reads: "Sunset Gasoline. Oil Western 5 Gal $1.50."
This photograph appears with the article, "Bear Sleepy, Not Drunk: Trainer Takes Animal Into Beer Parlor for Drink of Sugar Water," Los Angeles Times, 30 Jun. 1935: 24.
- 1 photograph
- b&w nitrate negative
Find This Item
- University of California, Los Angeles. Library Special Collections
- Local identifier
- Manifest url
- Copyright Status
- Rights Holder
- UCLA Charles E. Young Research Library Department of Special Collections, A1713 Young Research Library, Box 951575, Los Angeles, CA 90095-1575. E-mail: email@example.com. Phone: (310)825-4988
- Rights Country
- Funding Note
- Access to this collection is generously supported by Arcadia funds.
- No license recorded