Gordon Northcott, accused of murdering four young men, en route to San Quentin, Los Angeles, 1929
- Gordon Northcott, accused of murdering four young men, en route to San Quentin, Los Angeles, 1929
- Los Angeles Times
- Date Created
- [circa February, 1929]
- No linguistic content
- Los Angeles Times Photographs Collection
Similar photograph appears with the article, "Doomed Youth Relates Plans," Los Angeles Times, 12 Feb 1929: A2.
A grinning Northcott waves from the window of his train with C.F. Rayburn sitting grimly across from him.
Gordon Stewart Northcott makes the last leg of his journey escorted by Riverside sheriffs as he travels to San Quentin. The 22-year-old Wineville boy butcher is on death row.
- 1 photograph
- b&w nitrate negative
cellulose nitrate film
Railroad trains--American--California--Los Angeles
Arrivals & departures--American--California
Northcott, Gordon Stewart, 1906?-1930
Rayburn, Carl Francis, 1892-1966
- Los Angeles (Calif.)
- Resource Type
- still image
Find This Item
- University of California, Los Angeles. Library. Department of Special Collections
- Local identifier
- Manifest url
- Copyright Status
- Rights Holder
- UCLA Charles E. Young Research Library Department of Special Collections, A1713 Young Research Library, Box 951575, Los Angeles, CA 90095-1575. E-mail: email@example.com. Phone: (310)825-4988
- Rights Country
- Funding Note
- Access to this collection is generously supported by Haynes Foundation funds. and Access to this collection is generously supported by Arcadia funds.
- No license recorded