U.C.L.A. Bruins play Oregon State Beavers at Coliseum, Los Angeles, 1938
- U.C.L.A. Bruins play Oregon State Beavers at Coliseum, Los Angeles, 1938
- Los Angeles Times
- Date Created
- December 10, 1938
- No linguistic content
- Los Angeles Times Photographs Collection
The Bruins and Oregon State Beavers tied 6-6 during the final game for UCLA coach Bill Spaulding. The teams played for crowded stands at the Los Angeles Memorial Coliseum.
Different photographs taken on the same occasion appear under the headline, “Dramatic Highlights and Sidelights as Bill Spaulding Bows Out as Coach,” Los Angeles Times, 11 Dec 1938: A11.
Bruin Woodrow Strode (27) leans on Beavers halfback, Harold Higgins (39) as the player follow the ball.
- 1 photograph
- b&w nitrate negative
cellulose nitrate film
Football players--California--Los Angeles
Oregon State Beavers (Football team)
UCLA Bruins (Football team)
Los Angeles Memorial Coliseum (Los Angeles, Calif.)
- Los Angeles (Calif.)
- Resource Type
- still image
Find This Item
- University of California, Los Angeles. Library Special Collections
- Local identifier
- Manifest url
- Copyright Status
- Rights Holder
- UCLA Charles E. Young Research Library Department of Special Collections, A1713 Young Research Library, Box 951575, Los Angeles, CA 90095-1575. E-mail: email@example.com. Phone: (310)825-4988
- Rights Country
- Funding Note
- Access to this collection is generously supported by Haynes Foundation funds. and Access to this collection is generously supported by Arcadia funds.
- No license recorded