Tribute float to Will Rogers at the Tournament of Roses Parade, Pasadena, 1936
- Tribute float to Will Rogers at the Tournament of Roses Parade, Pasadena, 1936
- Snyder, Bill
- Los Angeles Times
- Date Created
- January 1, 1936
- Los Angeles Times Photographs Collection
The theme of the 1936 forty-seventh annual Rose Parade was "History in Flowers."
Float created as a tribute to Will Rogers shows a white horse, probably Soapsuds, with a lowered head and empty saddle, its reins trailing on the ground, on a raised platform. A radiant star is behind Soapsuds and a U. S. flag is draped on the platform in front of him. The float was entered by the Union Oil Company. It was photographed as it passed the Goodhue flagpole at the intersection of Orange Grove Blvd. and Colorado Blvd.
- 1 photograph
- b&w nitrate negative
Find This Item
- University of California, Los Angeles. Library. Dept. of Special Collections
- Local identifier
- Manifest url
- Copyright Status
- Rights Holder
- UCLA Charles E. Young Research Library Department of Special Collections, A1713 Young Research Library, Box 951575, Los Angeles, CA 90095-1575. E-mail: email@example.com. Phone: (310)825-4988
- Rights Country
- Funding Note
- Access to this collection is generously supported by Arcadia funds.