June Gay goes to court to fight for her shop, Los Angeles, 1934
- June Gay goes to court to fight for her shop, Los Angeles, 1934
- Los Angeles Times
- Date Created
- October 1934
- No linguistic content
- Los Angeles Times Photographs Collection
As June smiles she clasps her hands together at her chest.
When A.C. Dove bought a frock shop on South Vermont Avenue and set up June Gay in her business there was an understanding that the couple who sold the shop, Mr. and Mrs. J. R. Reynolds, would not open up any business within a certain radius, however, Mr. Dove has taken the Reynolds' to court because they have opened another shop in the immediate vicinity of Miss Gay's.
Photograph appears with the article, "Injunction Asked for Frock Shop," Los Angeles Times, 15 Oct 1934: A3.
- 1 photograph
- b&w nitrate negative
Find This Item
- University of California, Los Angeles. Library. Department of Special Collections
- Local identifier
- Manifest url
- Copyright Status
- Rights Holder
- UCLA Charles E. Young Research Library Department of Special Collections, A1713 Young Research Library, Box 951575, Los Angeles, CA 90095-1575. E-mail: email@example.com. Phone: (310)825-4988
- Rights Country
- Funding Note
- Access to this collection is generously supported by Arcadia funds.