Crowd gathered to witness heavy seas at Redondo Beach, January 1940
- Crowd gathered to witness heavy seas at Redondo Beach, January 1940
- Los Angeles Daily News
- Date Created
- January 1940
- No linguistic content
- Los Angeles Daily News Negatives
- A crowd gathered to see heavy seas at Redondo Beach. In January 1940 the southern stretch of Santa Monica Bay was battered by 25-foot waves, caused by a combination of heavy rain and a mysterious sea disturbance allegedly caused by a submarine. Waves caused damage to shorefront property and at least one person was reported injured.
- 1 photograph
- b&w nitrate negative
Find This Item
- University of California, Los Angeles. Library. Department of Special Collections
- Local identifier
- Manifest url
- Copyright Status
- Rights Holder
- UCLA Charles E. Young Research Library Department of Special Collections, A1713 Young Research Library, Box 951575, Los Angeles, CA 90095-1575. E-mail: email@example.com. Phone: (310)825-4988
- Rights Country
- Funding Note
- Access to this collection is generously supported by Arcadia funds.
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution 4.0 International License .