"Seeing Nellie Home," Sierra Madre float in the Tournament of Roses Parade, Pasadena, 1939
- "Seeing Nellie Home," Sierra Madre float in the Tournament of Roses Parade, Pasadena, 1939
- Los Angeles Times
- Date Created
- January 2, 1939
- No linguistic content
- Los Angeles Times Photographs Collection
The 1939 Tournament of Roses theme was Golden Jubilee to mark the 50th anniversary of the parade. Shirley Temple served as Grand Marshal.
Different photographs taken on the same occasion appear with the article, "Romance and Fantasy Feature Spectacle," Los Angeles Times, 03 Jan 1939: 3, 12.
Sierra Madre's Rose Parade entry was called "Seeing Nellie Home." It featured a replica of a buggy shipped to E. J. (Lucky) Baldwin in 1886. Daphne Alley and Leslie B. Wynne Jr. rode in the buggy while Kathleen McLellan and Anna Sue Adwell rode in the back.
- 1 photograph
- b&w nitrate negative
Find This Item
- University of California, Los Angeles. Library. Dept. of Special Collections
- Local identifier
- Funding Note
- Access to this collection is generously supported by Arcadia funds. and Access to this collection is generously supported by Haynes Foundation funds.
- Copyright Status
- Rights Country
- Rights Holder
- UCLA Charles E. Young Research Library Department of Special Collections, A1713 Young Research Library, Box 951575, Los Angeles, CA 90095-1575. E-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org. Phone: (310)825-4988
- No license recorded